Domestic Grant Program FAQ'S
Domestic Grant Program FAQ's
8. Can I apply for a grant after my adoption is complete?
No, new applications will not be accepted after the adoption has been finalized.
9. If I am not approved for a grant, can I apply again?
No, all decisions are final and you may only apply once for the same adoption.
3. Do you accept grant applications if the chld has already been placed with a family?
Yes, as long as the adoption has not been finalized in court, we will accept applications from families adopting a child who is already living in their home.
1. Can I apply for a grant if I haven't been matched with a child or birth mother?
Yes, you can apply for a grant but your application will not be presented to the Board for final review until we receive a picture and medical for the child or baby being adopted.
2. If I apply for a grant and the birth mother match is unsuccessful, what happens to my application?
We will hold your application until you receive another match. You do not need to send in a new application but we may ask for updated information if there is an extended delay.
7. If I am approved for a grant, how will the grant be paid?
In most cases we will send the grant check directly to an adoption professional which may be your agency or attorney. In some circumstances we can send the grant funds directly to the family.
4. If I have already paid most of my adoption fees, can I still apply for a grant?
Yes, if most of your adoption fees have already been paid you can still apply to A Child Waits Foundation. Our grants can be used for final adoption costs including agency fees, attorney fees and travel to bring home your child.
6. Can I apply for a grant if I am working with an attorney and not an adoption agency?
Yes, whether you are working with a placing agency, attorney or a matching service, we will accept your application.
5. If I make more than $140,000 can I apply for a grant?
We will only consider families with an income over $140,000 if we have spoken with the family and determined there are extenuating circumstances. Please do not apply without calling our Foundation to be certain that we are able to accept your application.
10. Can I apply for a loan for domestic adoption?
No, we do not have a loan program for domestic adoption.